Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Festive Fall Table Runner Craft


Since fall is just right around the corner I have started to decorate our home in celebration of fall and I realized that I didn’t have any fall décor at all, so I decided instead of spending lots of money to buy fall décor why not just sit down in my thinking chair and come up with some fun décor craft that I could spruce up my home and share with you guys?

Well I started in the living room yesterday and to tell the truth my coffee table was a little bare ok it didn’t have anything at all on it so I decided to make a festive fall table runner to add a little fall to my table and I’m amazed at how well it turned out so I decided to share it with you.

What you will need:

Felt fabric by the yard in your color choice (I only got a yard since my table is fairly small and I used white)

Fall colored fake leaves (I bought a couple bunches of leaves from Wal-Mart Floral Dept and cut the off the stem)

Fall themed buttons/ beads ( I went to Dollar Tree and scored these little pumpkin fall fillers to use)

Hot glue gun and glue sticks

Scissors

Fabric Pen

Heavy paper or cardboard

What you will do:

1. Measure your table and cut your felt to the right length and width that suits you. (I made mine 51” x 13” )

2. Cut your half circle out of your heavy paper or card board ( I used a file folder at a 6” half circle)

3. Trace you half circle down each side of your pre-cut runner and then cut them out to make your runner.

4. Arrange your leaves in your desired pattern and use the hot glue to glue them down and add the decorative beads or whatever you decided on to accent the leaves.

And this is what I ended up with isn’t it cute?


I’m so proud of the way it turned out and I will be making these for each of the seasons and holidays now that I have it figured out I think it will be super easy to make for Christmas, Halloween, Easter and ect.

I finished off my fall coffee table by adding some fall themed flowers (yes they are fake) to a vase with some acorn decorations (also from Dollar Tree):


I hope if you decide to make this table runner you will have the same amazing results I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for entering the giveaways here on my blog but please remember that if you do not have your profile public with an e-mail address to leave one so I can contact you if you win.