Tuesday, July 5, 2011
Summertime is here and what better way to spend the summer with family and friends than on an adventure to visit one of our national parks and/or recreation destinations. July is Park and Recreation Month in the U.S., and the theme for this year’s celebration is “Rock Your Park.” The National Park and Recreation Association wants you to show the country how parks and recreation make your life extraordinary! Whether it is visiting your local park, a playground, swimming pool, or taking a family trip to one of our national park treasures, celebrate our country’s love of the great outdoors this month! Visit the organization’s website to find out ways to get involved: http://www.nrpa.org/july
You can also turn your visit to the local park into a game by participating in the Dinosaur Train Geocache Challenge. Geocaching is a family friendly outdoor adventure that blends technology, gaming and environmental discovery. Each geocache features one of the dinosaurs found on the online Dinosaur Train Field Guide and contains educational information related to that dinosaur. So, perhaps pick your local park as a destination to hide your own Dinosaur Train container. To participate in the Dinosaur Train Geocache, visit http://www.pbs.org/parents/dinosaurtrain/geocachingchallenge/
Buddy and his friends on the Dinosaur Train are always up for an adventure and exploring the world around them. Why not take them along on your adventure to the park or camping or on a family road trip with all-new fun and easy travel product for camping/outdoors, new games and fun to read books to pack on your adventure!
· New book from Reader’s Digest: Dinosaur Train Lift the Flap “Let’s Go To Volcano Valley” (SRP: $9.99). Ages 2+.
· New Dinosaur Train product for camping adventures Pacific Playtents (available in October) includes: the Dinosaur Train Station House Tent (SRP: $89.90)Dinosaur Train Dino Bones Dome Tent ($59.90); Dinosaur Train Dino Bones Tunnel ($59.90). Ages 3+.
· New Dinosaur Train soft sporting fun from Kelly Toy: Play All Ball (SRP: $1.99), Bat + Ball (SRP: $9.99), Golf (SRP: $14.99), Football (SRP: $6.99), Baseball Mitt set (SRP: $7.99) and more. Ages 3+.
· New Dinosaur Train 3-Wheel Scooter in colorful buddy and friends graphics, from VM Global. SRP$24.99. Ages 3+.
· New Dinosaur Train game from Patch Products: “Take “N” Play Anywhere™ Let’s Go for a Ride! Magnetic Playset. SRP: $14.99. Ages 3+
And, Buddy will also be spending time in the great outdoors in July. Tune in on July 4th to Dinosaur Train on PBS KIDS (check local listings) in the adventurous episode “Buddy the Tracker.” In the episode, Buddy and Don are “footprint detectives” as they track and find creatures they know at the Big Pond. The plot thickens when they discover fossilized tracks that are millions of years old!
Although the summer vacation comes to an end in August, fun with Dinosaur Train continues! Get ready for an all-new season of Dinosaur Train this August with “Dinosaur Big City” on PBS Kids premieres August 22 and the DVD release of Dinosaur Train: Dinosaur Big City on August 23 (SRP: $14.99).
From the world-renowned Jim Henson Company, Dinosaur Train is seen in over 13 million households every month* and embraces and celebrates preschoolers’ fascination with both dinosaurs and trains. The series encourages scientific thinking and other skills as it teaches viewers about natural science, natural history and paleontology.
* Nielsen NPower, monthly NTI cume audience average, September 2010 – December 2010
I have a copy of the new Dinosaur Train Lift the Flap “Let’s Go To Volcano Valley,” from Reader’s Digest to giveaway to one of my awesome readers for their little Dinosaur Train fan (ARV $9.99)!
About the book: Get ready to board the Dinosaur Train and meet some new friends! Buddy, the adorable preschooler Tyrannosaurus Rex, and this adoptive Pteranodon family are always on the move. Today, they are going to Volcano Valley. Along the way, the train is making stops at the Triassic, Jurassic, and Cretaceous stations to make dozens of dinosaur discoveries. With more than 40 flaps to lift, kids will want to explore Buddy’s world again and again!
Mandatory Entry: Visit the Dinosaur Train website and tell me your little ones favorite character! Please remember to leave your e-mail address if it’s not visible in your profile.
Want or need extra entries? Check out how to grab em’ below! (Mandatory Entry must be complete for these to count)
1. Become a public follower of my blog (2 extra)
2. Follow me on twitter @sgrant2005 and tweet this giveaway (can be done daily)
3. Subscribe to my feed via a reader
4. Blog about this giveaway with a link to this post and to Dinosaur Train be sure to leave me a link (5 extra)
5. “Like” The Jim Henson Company on Facebook
6. Follow The Jim Henson Company on Twitter
7. “Like” PBS Kids on Facebook
8. Follow PBS Kids on Twitter
Giveaway ends July 18, 2011 @ midnight CST. Winner will be chosen at random, using random.org and contacted by e-mail and has 48 hrs to respond before a new winner is chosen.
This review is based strictly my opinion. Others may have a different opinion with the product listed above. I did not receive any of the products mentioned above complementary for this review. Nor was monetary compensation received.
Posted by Stephanie Grant at 2:22 PM